The Veerasaiva Vidyavardhaka Sangh was established in 1916 with a view to focus on providing education to all strata of the society in the rural areas of Ballari region. The Sangha today runs more than 40 educational institutions in Ballari, Koppala and Davanagere districts, covering Primary Education to Post Graduation courses in Arts, Commerce, Science, Engineering and Management. In 2017 Sangha celebrated centenary to commemorate its 100 years of establishment.

Rao Bahadur Y.Mahabaleswarappa Engineering College (Formerly, Vijayanagar Engineering College) was established in 1980, by the Veerasaiva Vidyavardhaka Sangha. Ever since, its inception, the college has been an epitome of diligence and excellence. Recently, the institute was accredited by NAAC, with B++ grade.

The Institute is affiliated to VTU, Belagavi, Approved by AICTE, New Delhi. The institute offers 5 UG, 6 PG programs and has 6 Research Centres. The institute has well equipped labs and digital class rooms and excellent sports facilities. The Institute is located 50 Kms away from the world famous historical place Hampi.

Click here to view more

About History

The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 1983 with an intake of 40. Present intake is 120 .The department has been accredited twice by NBA, New Delhi in the year 2004 & 2008.

The Department has been actively organizing Workshop, Seminars/Symposium and students are participating in State Level Project Exhibitions and Competitions held across Karnataka. The department has well qualified and experienced faculty, which includes three doctorates and seven are pursuing PhD and remaining faculty are post-graduates.

The Department has the state-of-the-art laboratories in Power Electronics, Microcontrollers, High Voltage, Power System Simulation, Control Systems and Electrical Machines.